CPU causing computer to restart?

Jan 15, 2014
So here's my situation.
I had upgraded to SLI 760's and was running a 1090T Oc'd on a 750w psu and found they were being bottle necked by my processor. Soon after I purchased a Fx 8350 and a water cooler and oc'd it to 4.4Ghz, keep in mind I still have not upgraded my power supply.

after this my problem started occurring....

When I have quite a few Google chrome tabs open (mainly youtube) or i have quite a few background tasks going on my computer random reboots itself to the BIOS start up screen like nothing ever happened when I start up a game like battlefield 4 or batman ahkram origins.

I have checked my event view and seems normal up to an unexpected system shut down and I did not have this issue before upgrading.
It kind of seems to be a psu issue but would like a once over to confirm!
Thanks in advance :D\

@update: So I disabled a graphics card and the issue still persists.

Setup -
AMD FX8350 @4.4ghz idle 10-20C Full load 40-47C
GA-990FXA-UD7
MSI 760 SLI standard clock speeds 50-70C
EVGA 750G Supernova PSU
8GB RIPJAWS Ram @1333
Update: PCE-AC66 asus wireless card (forgot I had)

FreezeRay

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
If I did my math right you have roughly 20-40W before you top out your PSU with that setup. I would upgrade to an 850W supply or a little higher if you want a little more insurance.

Jan 15, 2014

so would my computer be trying to use the little bit of head room or thinking it doesnt have enough and just restarting for safety measures?

And I ran benchmarking tools for all my parts and they are all fine so I figure it has to be the power supply, os, or hard drive.