jan 2014 pc specs (ps4 )

uday79

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
please give me specs to build gaming PC
which can defeat ps4 budget $500.
I am having monitor keyboard mouse and DVD drive.
thanks.

Solution

Value wise: During steam sales it is common to see games at 66-90% off,I spend no more then 50$ each major sale and walk away with several great games. There is also the saving factor of building your own machine vs a prebuilt machine.

Upgrading: With gaming in mind, the main thing to upgrade is your GPU which that should be capable of supporting the latest and greatest (sans a titan, 690 or 7990) for the next few years.

temperatures shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you plan on overclocking parts such as the CPU, GPU...

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Honestly, in terms of graphical performance, you are not going to get a PC that can beat the PS4 for that price. The ps4's software is heavily optimized and it is even sold at a slight loss while being made with parts that they get at a discounted price for buying in huge quantities. For a PC that can beat the ps4 expect to spend about 650-700 atleast.

ImPain

Distinguished
Xroe is right, but you will save a lot of money later on games (which are a LOT cheaper on PC).
And for a 700$ PC you can have quite decent graphic performances (equivalent or better than PS4) and it is upgradable also if you want to change parts down the road, not like when you have a console.

Echoing what has been said above, if you could make a PC with gaming performance better than an Xbone/PS4 at the same price, then Sony and Microsoft have made a massive mistake. For the next year or so you will have to spend more like $800 for a consoles performance.

In terms of price/performance for PC gaming, the sweetspot is somewhere between $1200 and $1500, in that price-range your getting the most bang for you buck.

Fitzitz

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
To be honest when people go into pc gaming, it is rare that they expect a pc to match a console at the same price. Console gaming is generally for budget gaming while pc gaming is better when you have more money and want to be able to upgrade. So unless you are willing to put at least 50% more than the price of the console into the pc you are not going to match performance (although if you have a budget of, say, $1000, you can easily beat any console around).

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

Value wise: During steam sales it is common to see games at 66-90% off,I spend no more then 50$ each major sale and walk away with several great games. There is also the saving factor of building your own machine vs a prebuilt machine.

Upgrading: With gaming in mind, the main thing to upgrade is your GPU which that should be capable of supporting the latest and greatest (sans a titan, 690 or 7990) for the next few years.

temperatures shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you plan on overclocking parts such as the CPU, GPU and memory.

Misc performance: For general purpose everyday computing, its overkill and could easily handle the day to day task with little slowdown. For task such as that require a bit more oomph, it has that to spare as well. Things like Photoshop, music production (although I'd recommend a sound card aswell for that) should work flawlessly.

Later Value: that's hard to say since I don't know the future. I would predict you could get around 400 for it if you find the right buyer in three years, although technology tends to evolve rapidly and I can't predict where it will be in three years.

Solution

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Yes, You wouldn't notice the age of the computer for atleast 2-3 years and then that could be alleviated by upgrading the GPU. Eventually you will have to do a complete over haul but that is typically not the case for a good 6 years and some parts can still be reused (such as case, HDD, Optical drives, ect.). To put it into perspective, there are still plenty of people running on 920 i7's and that was released in late 2008, the only thing they have had to update was their GPU and the bottlenecks are just now being noticed.