Sign in with
Your question

How will ths pc perform by today's standards and is anything in need of upgrading?

Last response: in Video Games
January 15, 2014 8:07:59 AM

-Amd fx4100 3.6ghz quad core
-16gb patriot ram ( 2 8gb sticks)
-Radeon vtx 7870 2gb special edition graphics card (shown in pictures)
-gigabyte motherboard
-1tb seagate hard drive
-550watt power supply
-dvd rw
-vibox gaming case (lights up red)
-windows 7

I'm looking to play csgo mainly but with good fps and may want to upgrade in the future for more demanding titles

What do you think?

Thanks
January 15, 2014 8:49:25 AM

What type of PSU and Motherboard? A "Gigabyte Motherboard" is not enough. And we need info about the PSU more, what manufacturer? If you want to run a decent game like CS:GO that build is fine but i might upgrade the CPU to a 6300/8320. The 7870 can run most games now at high to ultra in 1080p. But if you want to run graphically intense game i might upgrade it if you want to run it at ultra.
January 15, 2014 9:08:14 AM

Shocking777 said:
What type of PSU and Motherboard? A "Gigabyte Motherboard" is not enough. And we need info about the PSU more, what manufacturer? If you want to run a decent game like CS:GO that build is fine but i might upgrade the CPU to a 6300/8320. The 7870 can run most games now at high to ultra in 1080p. But if you want to run graphically intense game i might upgrade it if you want to run it at ultra.

Wow, I didn't realise how in specific that was! I copied and pasted it from eBay as i was thinking of buying but I think I'll steer clear of something so vague. Thanks for the help! Also, I don't suppose you know if buying a second hand pc from eBay is worth doing? I'm completely new to pc gaming and thought it would be a good way to get a cheap pre built pc I can upgrade. Any thoughts?
January 15, 2014 2:59:55 PM

8shaky1 said:
Shocking777 said:

Wow, I didn't realise how in specific that was! I copied and pasted it from eBay as i was thinking of buying but I think I'll steer clear of something so vague. Thanks for the help! Also, I don't suppose you know if buying a second hand pc from eBay is worth doing? I'm completely new to pc gaming and thought it would be a good way to get a cheap pre built pc I can upgrade. Any thoughts?

OH BOY! i cant overstate this enough: DONT BUY A PRE-BUILT PC from ebay... Usually they are either full of malware, or barely working exhausted pcs that used to be in the prime....
If you want it fast, you could try Craigslist (you can try to see if it runs, how well, etc. its better because its hands on, and it is usually cheaper than making your own)
!