Buying a PSU for Gigabyte Radeon HD7850 2GB OC

So this is my first post on TomsHardware and i need help as to what to buy for most reliable brand between a cougar and a corsair i don't know much about PSU's and this will be my first purchase and was wondering what i should buy, i had 2 in mind and not sure aobut them:

Cougar RS750 750W 80 Plus Bronze: $82 AUD
or
Corsair CS750M Modular 80 Plus Gold: $149 AUD

I am stuck between these two because with much research i haven't found too much good information about the cougar and the Corsair being one of the best? if anybody could enlighten me to this information or any other PSU's that might be good for my current GPU.
9 answers Last reply
More about buying psu gigabyte radeon hd7850 2gb
  1. Get the corsair. They are known as one of the best in the business when it comes to power supplies.
  2. Is it still worth it with the big price difference?
  3. Simply put, yes. Corsair has a reputation of being one of the top PSU makers
  4. Well, Corsair is my favorite brand. I've had very good luck with them. I've seen very little trouble with Corsair posted on the board. While the CX line is Corsair's starter series (TX, HX, and AX being steps to their higher end), it is still a very nice supply...

I've not seen much post on Cougar, good or bad.....

Other good brands are : Antec, XFX, and Seasonic....
  5. jb6684 said:
    Well, Corsair is my favorite brand. I've had very good luck with them. I've seen very little trouble with Corsair posted on the board. While the CX line is Corsair's starter series (TX, HX, and AX being steps to their higher end), it is still a very nice supply...

I've not seen much post on Cougar, good or bad.....

Other good brands are : Antec, XFX, and Seasonic....

Ahh that's good I haven't been able to find any sellers of XFX in Australia and seasonic seem to be a little too out of my price range.. do you know much about aerocool and whether they're reliable?
  6. No , Aerocool doesn't make good power supplies
  7. Made by SEASONIC and way more than enough to run a 7850.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($115.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $115.00
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-17 10:49 EST+1100)
  8. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Made by SEASONIC and way more than enough to run a 7850.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($115.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $115.00
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-17 10:49 EST+1100)

Now on a side note what would be the minimum power needed just for the GPU and what would be a safe barrier to go by (e.g it's a 500w GPU needed and i should get 600w to be sure) or will that not be necessary? what would be the best quality for the cheapest price for running the 7850?
  9. Hey Everyone,

Massdrop has a 3 pack of the Cougar Vortex PWM CF-V12HP's for $40.99 https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cougar-120mm-3pack !!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Cougar Power Supplies Corsair Components