I used honestech 7.0 to burn a vhs to DVD +R. It will play in the computer I burned it on but it wont play on my other comput

kimztq

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Need help. Why will my burned DVD play on one of my computers and not the others, I used honestech 7.o to DVD+R

Fortrancranker

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I'll take a shot at this. I am unfimiliar with the software that you're asking about but I had a similar problem when copying all my old VHS tapes to DVD. After burning to disk there should be a final step that is not obvious unless you read the instructions careully. It is sometimes called "finalizing" or something like that. If you don't complete this step the DVD will only play on the device that made the recording. The reason is that until you finalize the disk you can still edit it but once it is finalized it's set and then should play in any compatible device. Hope this helps.
FC

johnnymire

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Old thread but posting In case someone has the same issue. I didn't use Honestech, but MAGIXs Rescue Your Videotapes! (www.magix.com/gb/video-to-dvd/) and had the same issue. Turned out that the Disk drives were different between my computers, and on the older computer it wasn't able to read newer Disks. No idea why. Anyway, given up with Disks - a hard drive man myself now.

pjunaid

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014
had the same issue, had to get a new Seagate GoFlex for that to keep my videos safe and could be used on any device, but i heard about some finalizing step which is error in writing but better change the software if that helps? thought share my experience.