WTS Corsair 800D Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello community.

i am thinking about selling my corsair 800d full tower computer case.

i'm planning on making some layout changes so no longer have room for such a large case (i'm looking at using the cash to buy a mid tower corsair or other case of smaller form factor).

the case is in good condition and i do have all of the faceplates and accessories. there are no visible scratches that i can see other than two very light hardly visible fingernail scuffs on the plexi at the top.

there is a photo in my sig (its bad i know) but if there is any interest i will pull the case aside and take some better photos with my camera to show condition all the way around inside and out. (posting in the manner required by the sticky)

as far as what i'm looking for? well the case retailed for about $270 in 2010. i know i will get nothing close to the original msrp and i'm not expecting that. right now i'm leaving it up to see what kind of offers i get or how much interest there seems to be. i'll be using the cash to buy a smaller case to better fit my current needs.

please no super lowball $50 offers. its a well made high end case.

i'd prefer local pickup (anywhere at all near philadelphia, pa but shipping is an option at the buyers expense (in addition to the agreed upon cost of the case). we run an ebay business so know how to ship and pack items for transport. no worries there. not sure what shipping the computer case would cost but you can calculate the costs yourself by factoring in the origination to your destination and a weight of approx 41 pounds. no international shipping (continental usa only).

if any questions ask please. i will provide details of all the parts included or photos once i see if i get any offers or interested parties. if i dont then i'll be listing on craigslist instead. just thought i'd give some of the techies here the first shot at such a good case.

thanks.

edit:

added single photo according to post rules. will add more if i get any hits/requests for info.

IMG_1153_1.jpg

@manofchalk

i posted it after a night of insomnia at like 2-3am in the morning. i think i can be forgiven. come to think of it.. i'm still awake.

what you dont realize is that i painted my wall with white crayons to make that text. my handwriting is just that good. (joking of course). it does match my signature photo and my build list if thats any consolation :p

yeah i'll fix it probably later today after i finally end up getting sleep.

edit: fixed the image to include a physical sign.. kind of silly but i see the point.

Andy Bess

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Im interested in the case. How much are you looking for shipped to zip code 15212. I honestly dont know what a good offer is and I dont want to low ball you so send me a price!

bump.

bought a new case at MC so will hopefully be moving all hardware over to the new case today if all goes well.

once everything is swapped over i'll be cleaning everything up, getting all the accessories out and together and taking some more photos.

hopefully i'll be able to have some photos by later today... if not at least soon.

alright...

managed to pull everything out of the case and i have it 95% wiped down for dust

i also have some new photos which should give a much better idea as to the condition of the case.

as for accessories included which came with the case...

-3x 120mm corsair fans with rubber anti-vibration pads
-various plastic hide-away covers
-4x rails for the lower ssd slots (it did not come with trays so you will need to provide your own)
-4x hot-swap ready hdd caddies
-1x dust filter
-1x pack of long fan screws
-set of motherboard screw-in standoffs for atx boards is left installed but are removable.
-full set of removable pci covers

it did come with a case badge originally which i do not have anymore. it also came with some standard screws and i do have some lying about however i was planning on selling it without them unless asked since they are really easy to come by.

new photos:

as far as an update for price...

considering this was originally a $270 case msrp i was really hoping for around $140-150 which would offset the cost of my new case. shipping is extra however i would prefer local pickup. price is negotiable however please no low ball offers. i dont think its a bad deal at all for such a well built case.

i just purchased a corsair 750d to replace this since it fits my current needs better and despite them both being labeled obsidian there is a HUGE (and thats an understatement) difference in thickness and quality between the two. the 800d is quite literally twice the weight in solid metal.

PM if interested or post here if you want to know some information.

thanks.

trama09

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Good luck on your sale. I remember the struggles of trying to sell mine this past summer.

Hang in there - good price!

sorry but the shipping costs would likely be too high for me to eat it depending on where it needs to go.

i might be willing to drop just a little however $150 for a case which was originally $270 and still in good condition isnt a terrible deal also considering how hefty it is built in comparision with the newer cases available.

yet another bump.

pretty soon i'm going to just list this on craigslist.

its a good heavy built case. the new ones are not made this good .

if there are any reasonable offers i'll think about it.

airdeano

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

i can vouch for the quality missing from the new Obsidian line. not even close with the 350D, 750D or 900D.
GLWS, mine took awhile, but they still do sell.

airdeano

Status
Not open for further replies.