What do you think of this computer? (1st time assembling)

Jeffy Ze French

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I definitely need to make my own computer to be able to run some new games (such as DayZ for example)
This would be my first time assembling a computer so I'd like to make sure everything I chose will fit and work together. Also, do you think I would come across any difficulties in assembling this system?
I'll put links on an Australian website I plan to buy from, yes it is the cheapest I've found for us... (so if you find some better components for a similar price you are welcome to suggest alternative components!)

Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600
GPU: MSI GTX760 TwinFrozr
PSU: Antec 650W
Case: Coolermaster N600
HDD: Barracuda 2Tb
CPU cooling: Coolermaster 212 EVO

My main concerns are the motherboard, PSU, case and CPU cooling and computer cooling in a general way as I really don't want the computer to overheat when it's 45C in summer!

Could I build the same computer for my partner but with an i7-4770k instead as my partner is into gaming and 3D modelling and I've read that the i7 would be better for 3D modelling

Thank you to the people who will help! Much appreciated!

EcoMCG

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
The CPU cooler is fine it's really good for beginner overclockers. I would suggest to move to a highly trusted PSU brand like Corsair or Seasonic. The motherboard is great MSI make really good gaming Motherboards.

g-unit1111

Titan

Depends on the line but Cooler Master is actually getting better about the OEMs they choose for their power supplies. If you get the V series, they're manufactured by Seasonic and have actually got some really good reviews from Hardware Secrets and Jonnyguru.

Jeffy Ze French

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for the advice. I thought Antec was trusted for PSU but that's ok it's only an extra $25-30 to get a similar Corsair!
I don't think we have Seasonic in Australia unfortunately :-(

Jeffy Ze French

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Another question as well: do I need to buy any thermal paste and/or cables or does every component comes with everything I'll need to assemble the computer?
Do you know of any alternative cpu fan to the hyper 212 evo? It looks like it's always out of stock...
I'd like something efficient, easy to install and quiet.

Thanks!

CPU coolers should come with thermal grease, but some people like to use arctic silver brand instead. power supply comes with a some SATA and molex power calbes too for fans hdds and obviously the motherboard gets power.

g-unit1111

Titan

No but from my knowledge XFX power supplies are available in Australia and they're manufactured by Seasonic.