Can you recommend me a good AMD mobo?

Red_October

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hi guys, this is my first post here, I've decided to finally make an account here. Anyway:

I will be building my first rig ever, and it will be an AMD PC which will use the FX 6300 as the CPU. I will overclock it to at least 4 GhZ or higher. The GPU I will be using will be either the GTX 660 or R9 270(x). I don't see myself buying an SSD anytime soon however, so SATA2 should be fine. A reason for this is because in NZ SSDs are quite expensive, and getting a western digital black or similar later on is much more financially sound for me. The OS I will be using is windows 8 or 8.1, whichever will be in stock. However I will install the upgrade to 8.1 if I do get 8. Right now I have my eyes set on the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3-Rev 4.1 (the one with the blue motherboard unfortunately, not the one with the black PCB), however I found out it doesn't have native windows 8/8.1 support and support for vishera processors, as well as this it doesn't have UEFI BIOS. Obviously this motherboard isn't for me. I searched for others below it's price and I found none which are better. There are some nice ASrock ones, however they have received some negative feedback on newegg; I don't know if the reviews are legitimate, however I'd rather not take the plunge. Please tell me if ASrock motherboards are actually any good/reliable, as right now I am not so certain of them.

Basically, here are the minimum requirements for the mobo:

-Native support for windows 8.
-Native Support for vishera processors.
-125W CPU support.
-At least one USB 3.0 header.
-At least some rear I/O USB 3.0 ports
-At least one PCIE-2.0 X16 slot.
-I only need 1 system fan header, as my case will only use 1 fan.
-SATA 2 headers, minimum of 4.
-Minimum of 2 RAM slots, I don't need anything past 1600 MhZ, but 1333 MhZ is the minimum.
-Taking advantage of Win 8's UEFI BIOS support would be nice, however it isn't necessary.
-I don't need anything past SATA 2, but in case (no pun intended) I ever do buy an SSD, it would be nice to have, but this isn't necessary as well.

These are all the requirements I could just about come up with. Sorry for the long post or if a similar one was already asked, and please recommend and give tips for motherboards, they would be nice!

Thanks for reading, and thanks again for your time :)

Yes ASRock is very good and reliable and i own one for re-assurance, A great board would be the 990FX Killer by ASRock as it's just pure performance and a very good motherboard, i'm in a bit of a rush so if you need more info just ask. The 990FX Killer has all you need from that list and a very good motherboard.

Red_October

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out :)

TRENDING THREADS