Sign in with
Your question

Can My PC Run PS2 Games (Disclaimer!)

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2014 9:18:02 AM

DISCLAIMER! - I am talking about playing only the PS2 discs that I already physically own. I am in no way talking about pirating games. My PS2 broke and if I can run the games on my PC I don't want to buy another.

SPECS:

CPU: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

CPU Speed: 2 GHz

Ram: 8.00 GB (7.45 usable)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 8400, dedicated video ram: 512 MB

Completely new to PC gaming. I bought a laptop that ended up being decent enough to run new games like Far Cry 3 and Saints Row IV so I figured I'd see if I can run a PS2 emulator before I actually go through the process of downloading it and making ISOs from all of my discs.
January 18, 2014 3:50:29 PM

Hey c0419, sorry but you can't play PS2 games on the PC as it has a whole different CD coding.

Although you can play it with a PS2 Emulator, there's one called PCSX2. Look it up, but you will need to download so called "PS2 ROMs", and that will equal being pirated versions of PS2 games.

Hope it helped.
January 18, 2014 7:56:27 PM

I know I need an emulator. And I'm pretty sure if you make the files using your own PS2 discs it isn't illegal, especially if your getting the BIOS from your PS2.

My question was if my specs are good enough to be able to run the emulator comfortably.
Related resources
January 18, 2014 9:40:55 PM

c0419 said:
I know I need an emulator. And I'm pretty sure if you make the files using your own PS2 discs it isn't illegal, especially if your getting the BIOS from your PS2.

My question was if my specs are good enough to be able to run the emulator comfortably.

no not enough ur cpu is not powerfull enough to emulate ps2 gae via ps2 emulator nor the graphic card ..so if u try to run the games they will run only at 25-30 fps ..depends upon games u have ..each game uses different cpu inatructions as in case of ps2 there are more than 2000 pairs of them an each game will use around 100 to 150 different instructions at a time so games will run but the fps will depend on the perticular game...although u can play them by customizing the settings and by using latest plugins
January 19, 2014 2:25:19 AM

Yes they are good enough don't worry.
!