Dual Monitor Input lag & performance issues. ( 144hz & 60hz with aero )

AaronBaw

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Okay, so I've had a 120hz+ gaming monitor for a few weeks now, and it's amazing. I've been running it alongside my old 60hz LG monitor.

The only problem I have is the input lag and suttering when using the second monitor.

With windows Aero enabled, at 144hz and 60hz it's just horrible, really slow and stuttering. When 120hz and 60hz the result is really smooth with slight input lag that isn't too bad.

When aero is disabled any combination of refresh rates works perfectly.

My question is: Is there a way to run both monitors simultaneously, with one at 144hz and the other on 60hz with Aero enabled and not suffer these performance issues and input lag? I've been searching for a solution ever since I got the new monitor and haven't found anything.

I'm using the Asus Vg248QE (144hz) and an LG (60hz) monitor.

- Thanks!

Solution
i think its normal. keep in mind that you directly comper it with the 120-144hz and yes it looks terrible.that happens to me too. idont think its any kind of a problem. i also noticed that at the transition of a moving window from panel to panel it gets pretty laggy.ones for sure though 120-144hz monitor rock!!

AaronBaw

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

For example, yes, moving a window would cause lag especially when moving them across screens, also happens with pretty much anything, videos, games ( although I don't usually play games on it, I just tested it out there ) and browsing and what not.

i think its normal. keep in mind that you directly comper it with the 120-144hz and yes it looks terrible.that happens to me too. idont think its any kind of a problem. i also noticed that at the transition of a moving window from panel to panel it gets pretty laggy.ones for sure though 120-144hz monitor rock!!

Solution

AaronBaw

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Yeah I thought it was normal too, I was just wondering if there was some sort of work around because it was getting frustrating :p I guess I'll just have to live with it haha. Thanks for the help though!

TRENDING THREADS