[Solved] System Issues with new rig

Greetings,

I have been trying to get my new rig going in the past month. I received all my parts once and attempted a build, taking all necessary precautions to avoid ESD and all that fun stuff. When I went to boot up my fully plugged in system with all needed cables (24 pin power, my 12v ATX, CPU fan, GPU, and etc)in place, I got nadda. No fans turn on, no beeps, no nothing. After doing CMOS resets and such and trying new power supplies, I assumed my motherboard DoA. I just received that and a replacement power supply for safety this evening, and have built my rig again Again - nothing. Now getting 2 DoA motherboards for me is just odd so I am coming to the forums to ask for help. Here's the set up:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 4.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-2GD Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
PS: Thermaltake Tough Power TP-750P 750W ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.92
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)

UPDATE: When checking my PC I decided to jump it with a screwdriver on the power pins. Started right up. The case fans clicked on, and the GPU clicked on a few seconds after. The CPU fan started immediately, stopped for a few seconds, then started and kept going. It stayed like this unitll I had to boot it down and now it won't start at all, even with a jump.
4 answers Last reply
More about solved system issues rig
  1. Hi, Have you connected a case speaker to the motherboard?
    Do you have an older graphics card for testing?
    What ports using for connecting the monitor (DVI to DVI, VGA to VGA...)?
  2. alexoiu said:
    Hi, Have you connected a case speaker to the motherboard?
    Do you have an older graphics card for testing?
    What ports using for connecting the monitor (DVI to DVI, VGA to VGA...)?

Yes I have connected the speaker. No older graphics cards available that is easily at my disposal and I have to use a VGA to DVI for my connecting my monitor.
  3. OK. if starting the board with only CPU and CPU fan conencted, are you getting the beeps?
  4. The problem was solved. My two 4pins to connect to my 8 pin 12v on the MOBO was bad. Simple replacement of the PSU fixed it right up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Motherboards Systems