Will skyrim run at high-ultra with decent fps?

Rainfire

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hi, I would like to know if my computer will be able to run skyrim on high or ultra settings. Here are my specs :

Processor AMD FX-Series

Processor Speed 3.5GHz (with Turbo CORE up to 4.1GHz)

System Memory (RAM) 16GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Video Memory 2GB

Windows 8.1

Please answer!

I don't want any recommendations for upgrades either! Just a simple yes or no with a short explanation will do!

Thank you! :)

captainjulius

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
At a 1440x900 resolution you should be fine. You shouldn't have a problem getting it to run high or ultra with a decent framerate. Oh, and you have more than enough ram.

Rainfire

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Okay thank you captainjulius, really appreciate your help! :) one more question will it run well with just a couple mods maybe little under 10 mods including an HD mod?

captainjulius

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I don't think you would be able to re-texture the whole game with HD textures without a good drop in fps but you would definitely be able to get some mods running. It really depends on what you deem an acceptable fps count. And it is not really the amount of mods you run that you should worry about it's more of the type of mods. As long as you're not re-texturing the whole game or adding a lot of post-processing effects like using ENBs will do you should be fine and lose minimal fps.

Rainfire

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
once again thank you captainjulius I was just gonna get some mods for spells and swords etc and an HD mod for the body but that was pretty much it :)