Keyboard unresponsive and USB devices turn off during computer freeze

squats

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I am having random computer freezes on a custom buid. The freeze happens randomly. I can jus start the computer and leave it for a few minutes and the freeze will occur with a loud buzzing sound coming from my computer speakers.
I have read tons of these posts regarding the same issue and I have tried basically all that has been recommended.
- Hard drive test
- memory test
- video card test
- reset bios
- updated bios
- cleaned computer from dust
- made sure everything was connected properly (in case of loose connection to component)
- did a virus scan and malware scan (i had none)

During the tests, the computer ran fine. The PSU is also fine as I checked it with a volt meter before and during a freeze and the voltages were perfect.

The computer does not over heat.

I reverted back to old video card drivers. I uninstalled them completely and installed the old ones.

This is my questions:
When the freeze occurs, I usually get a loud buzzing sound from the speakers. Even if I wasn't doing anything with sound on the computer, the buzzing will occur. Sometimes, there is no buzzing.
When the freeze occurs, THE KEYBOARD CAPS LOCK AND NUM LOCK ARE UNRESPONSIVE and the USB DEVICES SHOW NO POWER.

Can anyone tell me what that could mean?

Thank you very much for any insight.

Jayxl

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Did you try re-installing your operating system? or Formatting your Hard drive.

Your hardware seems to be fine.
It might be something wrong with your Hard drive or the operating system.

squats

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I cant rule out that it isn't my motherboard, but so far, all the hardware I was able to test with software seems to be fine. The hard drive tests also come back perfect.
I havent tried to reinstall the operating system.

After the freeze, the windows event viewer shows no error just before the freeze occurs. Is there another logging application that logs hardware errors?

Racska1974

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014

Hello, Squats, did you managed to solve this problem? If yes please tell me the solutuion because I have the same problem, and I can not solve it.
thanks.
Br,
racska1974

squats

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

squats

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I just reinstalled windows. Since then its been basically perfect. Still dont know what it was, maybe hardware or maybe software.