Gaming PC for 2000€ (~2600$)

zoppss

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Well, I've never tried building my own PC, so I'd rather not go and just buy this or that to avoid any cock-up's. If someone more familiar with this could give some pointers I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll be trying to put it together myself though.

I live in northern Europe, in Finland. I'll be getting almost everything fresh & new, monitor, OS and so on. Only things I'll be keeping are my mouse, keyboard and headphones.

If there are some specific components just coming out, I can wait up till mid-February. The computer will be used almost only for gaming, along with some "normal" surfing & various movie streams.

I figured I could put some money into this with my price range being around 2000€ (roughly 2600$), but if required I can squeeze it up to 2300€. I'll also need just one monitor. Already got a 100Mb i-net connection.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Id reccomend selecting some parts at a trusted online store and paying them about 50 to 60 euros to asseble it for you. This way you can be more sure that the pc is fitting for you without having to build it (which is suprisingly easy btw).

I have made 2 setups for you. Pc partpicker gives prices in dollars so the prices for you will be slightly lower cuz of differences in valuta.

Option 1 is a pretty small pc. It has no room for adding soundcards, which doesnt bother me but some ppl dont like onboard audio. Also you would have to get an external usb dvd drive but they cost only 20 euros and honestly dvd drives are quite useless these days (usualy id add one anyway but I needed the space for cooling this small case and components.)

Parts option 1: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Fds8

Option 2 is a normal sized computer and features room for more pcie cards such as more gpu"s or a sound or raid card. Also there will be a dvd drive build in. Its slightly bigger, but still not massively and unnececary huge. With both builds you can remove the ssd bootdrive to make it cheaper.

Parts option 2: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FelR

With both options I tried to keep an aye on noise too, so they wont be incedibly loud, though I wont promise that they will make no noise at all. The 650w 80+gold psu is enough to power all this, though if you want to sli later on you do need to upgrade. In build one I went liquid cooling cuz of the small formfactor and I dont want much heat in the case, fot that reason I picked a gtx 780 with a reverence cooler, though it it a slightly overclocked version.

At build 2 I did go aircooling, its a pretty good and quiet cooler. I added an internal dvd drive cuz you have the space anyway. Also I went with a non refrence gpu, so it will run a bit faster than the 1st one. Both these systems are overclockable if you want to do this. If not you can save 20 bucks by buying the i7 4770 instead of the 4770k.

At both builds the 120gb ssd is for the bootdrive and is optional. Dont take it if tou dont mind faster boottimes and rather save the 90 bucks.

For the monitor I went with a 24" BenQ. Very good manitor with a 1 ms response time. If its too expensive you can change it up too ofcourse. I hope this helps, it was quite easy for me to do this cuz you had only a slighly higher budget than I have for the pc I just recently pidked parts for. So this is what I would get but withan ssd and monitor added!

g-unit1111

Titan

Links to US stores won't help the OP who is in Finland.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
True ik that but he didnt gave us stores and this way he at least has a slight price indication and a list of parts that he could enter in to a online store in his own country. Im not from finlandso I dont know any finish(?) Stores.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Great. Im on a tablet though. Tried to translate some finish websites but ill have to retry it on my pc tomorrow. So I will change this up and hopefully if it works give you links to finish stores! If it wont work ill use one that delivers in finland.