Which window version should i buy?

msahar

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Hello members !
i have bought a laptop that is DOS without OS. i want to buy windows 8. can anyone help me to chose which version should i go for?

Laptop spec: ci5, UEFI, 4rth GEN

Moreover I am a student, can i go for windows 8 pro (student edition). But they said it is for those who already have windows 7, but i have no operating system before.

Any advice is admirable??
sahar

ScorpionX108

Honorable
Mar 2, 2014
i wouldn't do that if i were u. windows 8 software are quite rare and expensive. windows xp supports almost everything but it is not well secured, so windows 7 is nice, its good looking its secured it supports most stuff but the worst thing about it is that it needs high specs to run smoothly. (they're not that high but higher than xp and vista does) but ur pc will run windows 7 nicely!

ScorpionX108

Honorable
Mar 2, 2014
i wouldn't do that if i were u. windows 8 software are quite rare and expensive. windows xp supports almost everything but it is not well secured, so windows 7 is nice, its good looking its secured it supports most stuff but the worst thing about it is that it needs high specs to run smoothly. (they're not that high but higher than xp and vista does) but ur pc will run windows 7 nicely!

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

utter nonsense. win 8 is back compatible with all win 7 software (and earlier), and its system resource requirements are marginally less than windows 7, all software for win 8 is freely available at the same price as it would be for win 7.

XP is due to run out of support. Your only real options are win 7 and win 8.1

It depends on your laptop spec however. Which you dont really give (cpu, gfx, ram etc..)

Your comment about having 'dos' but no OS is odd. If you can provide more info, that would be great.