Apple Marketing Head Says Samsung Made Job a Lot Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
The only way Samsung made the job harder was by manufacturing phones that were of much better quality and value. The S3 absolutely destroyed the 4S in terms of quality and performance, and for the first time made it clear that Apple was no longer the sole superpower of the smartphone world. Guys like this just started having to actually earn their pay.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
If any Samsung phone resembles an iPhone then this means every touch phone resembles the iPhone. I don't this will be a good precedence if Apple wins this one.

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Since they had competition and people all want slim cell phone with some round corners if you want to make sure that your brand is identified just slap your logo in front on the button for instance. When you have your store, do you put your sign on the back of it so nobody can't see instead of in front so people can see!? You had it comming Apple, good for you!!!

every companies product SHOULD be designed to make the competitions marketing harder. so their argument in a court case is:its harder to distinguish our product because they did it betterit makes people question our design skills. see point 1when we try to fix our product we are not copying just improving

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
This garbage of a court case is a waste of resources. I don't find any Samsung phones look much like Apple's. Apple is just unhappy about having competition.

fleeb

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
"Responding to Samsung criticisms stating that even Apple adapted in the face of competition in the tablet market, Schiller said, "We were not trying to respond to competition… We were simply trying to make our product better.""What if the competition says the same thing if they are criticized of adapting Apple's?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I really hope the judge rightfully said "you want some cheese with that whine?".I just can't fathom that this is an actual court case in a "free market" country like the US. Reeks of corruption all the way, that they're still wasting their time listening to Apple.

This garbage of a court case is a waste of resources. I don't find any Samsung phones look much like Apple's. Apple is just unhappy about having competition.
In the original court case as well it was proven that Apple modified the look of the Galaxy phone in order to make it look more like the iPhone. They changed the aspect ratio of it and when it was pointed out, nothing was done.Apple really needs to just put up or shut up. The Galaxy line has been better in every way and my S4 looks nothing like a iPhone, nor did the S3 which looks the same as a S4. The S2 was candy bar shape but that was the rage back then plus Samsung had a phone out before the Galaxy line, the Omnia which was the same candy bar shape.Just stop with the stupid lawsuits Apple and put out a better product. That's how the world works. You didn't see Ford suing GMC for putting out a truck with large rounded fenders did you?

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Well said Jim. I had no idea about how they modified the look in the original case. That alone should have been enough to put an end to all this nonsense. What a bunch of liars and scum.

SkizofrenX

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
Once again the retarded american court system is at work ^^ Its nothing els then ridiculous being able to sue over something like the look of a phone (well the shape) ... it seems to come down to. but ofc Apple should be the only one allowed to make Phones is a square shape... everybody els would have to do with Oktogon phones ... feels better in the hand anywaysHopefully Apple loses bigtime ... Please do try to invent something new and better that people want insted of this (Buhu OUR product is no longer the best or what most people want, we'll sue THEM for having something better*) Simply Fuck You Apple.... crying babies Damn

Does samsung file lawsuits that tv's look like their tv's? no, because its stupid there are only so many ways you can make a phone, tv, or tablet, the design they have is just the most practical and cost effective way to make it. Samsung phones have samsung written on them, i dont know how you could get them mixed up unless your blind or have very poor vision, in which case a touch screen phone is useless.

hmn, i thought samsung phone are cheap, cheap looking, now they resemble apple phones?? Does that mean that apple phones look cheap or samsung phones looks premium?how can people have a hard time? you are the biggest company in the world, everybody knows apple, how can people not know which one is an iphone?if samsung copied the icons, make them pay. but please stop it with that rounded corner thing, it's bs

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I have picked up both Samsung Smart Phones and Apple's iPhones. I seriously can't tell how they are of the same mold. They are clearly different products. I think that there is a lot more that Apple stole from Samsung if you really put some time into researching Samsung's lines of products; that is if you think with the idea Samsung sells a smart phone so they must be copying something.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I don't understand how we as a people put up with this kind of thing, I can't stand either company, but Samsung's phones looking nothing like the Apple phones. The only people that Apple should be worried about questioning their designs is apple themselves, They have litterally been the same base design since the Iphone 4 with modest changes.Millions of poeple living in poverty in the states alone and Apple is going to cost the tax payer a lot of money so they can feel good about themselves. Apple Hear me out :Your products are boring, your products are the same **it over and over again, you havn't really come out with anything that wooed the world since the iphone3 and the ipad. Ramp up your game.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
1) Apple head of marketing is legally blind2) the only way for Apple to compete is to sue its competition. It is "harder" for Apple to compete using other ways like putting more features or lower their prices. 3) US courts bias toward American company, this is a common sense

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Really dumb given those screns are Samsung panels. Digitisers are hard to repair and apple wants full market control, and to do so; simply eliminating the agreement now so they can change the core marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.