Background noise always present

Camicuis3000

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014
Always, no matter what, there is always noise coming through my speakers or headphones. It changes frequency and does weird stuff when my computer does different tasks, but it is always there. Why is that?

Solution
Make sure your speaker wires don't run by other electrical wires. Make sure all your grounds are good. Make sure you use ferrite chokes on the wires to block out EMI. Use shielded speaker cables.

There are literally hundreds of things you could do/try. Even making sure the electrical connections to your motherboard are good.
Make sure your speaker wires don't run by other electrical wires. Make sure all your grounds are good. Make sure you use ferrite chokes on the wires to block out EMI. Use shielded speaker cables.

There are literally hundreds of things you could do/try. Even making sure the electrical connections to your motherboard are good.

Solution

Camicuis3000

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014

It must be something to do with my sound card/motherboard. I don't have any speakers, usually just use head phones. I've put off getting speakers because of the background noise.