Best Korean 1440p/1600p monitor?

Solution
I use the Qnix 2560x1440, quality is great and over clocks super easy. I believe Qnix and Xstar use the PLS monitors(samsungs version of IPS) which over clock to 120Hz easy and thats one of the reasons I decided to get it. I run mine at 96Hz as a nice middle ground and you can really see the smoothness if you can run your games that fast.

Check out this website for some more information and who to buy from on ebay. http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

rdjg22

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I sorta posted here because everywhere I was reading all they talked about was the best monitor for overclocking haha. It'd be cool to get to 120hz but it's not a main concern of mine. I just want to know the best quality monitor in terms of durability/stand/display and who are some reputable sellers. Is 1600p much better than 1440p?

All of the korean monitors tend to come with cheap stands etc... but I think the one that gets the most praise for it's build quality are the crossover and shimian. I don't know how much research you have done already but just know that the korean monitors tend to be cheaper because they don't come with all the bells and whistles like HDMI out, needing a dual link DVI port(this is key). My Qnix is actually pretty sturdy sitting on my desk, I tend to bump the desk a lot and it doesn't shake nearly as much as my smaller ASUS monitor right next to it.

Solution

george89

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I've heard nothing but good things about QNIX... check out their Amazon page if you want more info on them. They have incredible reviews (UNBELIEVABLE reviews actually, near flawless.) They're a steal.

rdjg22

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Are the stands much worse than a typical one you get from a big box retailer? I'd mount it on my wall but from the looks of what I've been reading people have had trouble detaching the stand.

Once the monitor is in place there isn't really difference to say a name brand one, but when you move it around you can hear the plastics making noise, rubbing here and there. For the qnix the clear stim that connects the monitor to the base isn't easily removable, you have to take the back of the monitor off to remove it, Not something terribly difficult but a little bit of a pain and something you may not want to do. I am unsure if the other brands can be removed easier or not.

rdjg22

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Which one would you go for out of these two...one is an HP refurbished, the other a Korean model with a decent stand that seems easily removable...not a huge fan of the bulkiness of the HP but at least it's North American warranty.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201003552300?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

or

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221311263188?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also, is the SquareTrade warranty worth it?