which pre-built system would be better for gaming?

joe90_remy700

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Ok so the wife has "allowed" me to get myself a gaming PC to run high-end games on.
I have found a company in Germany (where i live) that offers credit on purchases, which makes the cost a little easier, and i am limiting myself to under €600 with mouse and k/b.
i have narrowed it down to 3 choices within budget but would appreciate pointers/advice/recommendations and basically its down to value for money and longevity of hardware - especially the CPU as i understand they are costly and probably beyond my technical skills to upgrade.
basically i want the system to last for a long time putting out high end (not necessarily ultra settings but good framerate for resolution in a good few years) before any upgrades necessary.

so my choices are:
8 core AMD with a GTX 660
or;
6 core AMD with a better GTX 760
or;
a 4th generation i5 with a GTX 650

All seem to have the same RAM, both AMD choices are over-clocked and on the same motherboard, but not sure if the i5 can be over clocked and i have no idea what the motherboard stuff means!
So any advice?

The first choice is a definite NO because the MSI G43 motherboard has a known issue with catching fire , but its not the best high resolution gamer anyway.
The second choice has the same motherboard and it will be less likely to catch fire with a lower wattage processor but its still not worth it even if it is the best gamer of the three

The 3rd choice is the worst gamer of the three , but it would work , and you could upgrade the graphics card at a future time

Its not reassuring to see the site claiming the MSI 970 G43 can SLI and crossfire either . It cant do either of those

You could ask them if they would build the FX6300/GTX760 model using the ASUS M5A97 R2.0 they use in some other builds . Then it would be competent

joe90_remy700

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
thanks for the heads up on that. i have sent an e-mail to see would they be able to do that. every other component would still be compatible with the asus board? a quick look on amazon showed only €20 difference in the price of the boards, so hopefully they dont try to rip me off

joe90_remy700

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
ok so i see the above site offers a lot of options, so could any of you give feedback as to whether the following would work well in the long term/suggestions to save money as these extra's do cost (extra charges given are in euro):

■ AMD FX6300 black edition CPU
■ 8gb ddr3 2133mhz ram: €12.......... OR 16gb ddr3 1600mhz ram: €64 (comes with 8gb 1600mhz)
■ asus m5a97 r 2.0 motherboard €12 (see above posts as to why this is necessary)
■ Nvidia GTX 760 4096mb ddr5 €78 (comes with a 760 2gb ddr5).... OR ati radeon r9 280X 3gb at the same price?
■ 630W Thermaltake Smart 80+ €19 (comes with a 600w but no manufacturer given - should this be a concern? and would i need the extra 30w for the gpu?)
■ Zalman Z9 Plus case €36 (not too bothered by case but this looks nice for the extra money)

the hdd is a 7200rpm 500gb, i think its enough as i cannot download movies/torrents in germany so not looking to upgrade this.
there are options for better cpu coolers for €20 to €25, but i'd rather do without to save power and hopefully do without upgrading the psu as explained above

thanks in advance