Intel Announces New Educational Tablet and Classmate PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I'll bite. I work in education. Android is definitely moving a lot faster than W8. Probably the biggest thing is Google itself, with its free online cloud storage (drive) and word processing program. Free is a big attraction to a lot of schools. I work for private schools internationally, and budget concerns are always an issue. Not only that, but the ease of acquiring the technology matters because sometimes its hard to do overseas. With Google it is all right there. Of course it helps that kids like new. They see MS as old. Google is a newer and hipper.

For myself, I want an Asus dual boot Windows 8.1 and Android. That would be extremely awesome.

Windows still has its place though. No one wants to use Chrome and Powerpoint is still better than the competition. Windows is also helped ironically, by free programs like Apache Open Office which is still better than Google's online word program, and it doesn't require an internet connection.

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
HP made the product announcement on 12/10/13. Till today the Classmate PC is still an on-paper, non-exist, coming-soon product. How can you judge something without a price tag? To me, Asus Transformer Book T100 is the best 2-in-1 in its class, with the full Win 8.1 and Office 2013 pre-installed on 64GB eMMC. And its price tag is only $400.

lilyjoin 1122

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Android is definitely moving a lot faster than W8. Probably the biggest thing is Google itself, with its free onl
ine cloud storage (drive) and word processing program. Free is a big attraction to a lot of schools.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Intel is just trying to sell storage of old garbage Atoms.Android is not for productivity, teach the kid's something useful like basics of Linux & Open Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS