Windows wont boot past bios, black screen

xryanxcorex

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Im Using a toshiba laptop. I had gotten 2x4gb ram card for it. I installed them correctly, and for that day my computer worked fine. After i shut it down, i waited tell the next day to turn it on. When i tried it just showed the bios menu and then showed a black screen with just "_" on it. I've tried reseting the bios. I've tried taking the CMOS battery out and in, Didn't work. I've tried to boot a windows 7 installer cd, but that did't work either. I also tried booting for a usb, won't work just a black screen, as well as that i switched the hard drives, from another working hard drive. It stiil didn't boot it. But on my other laptop, it booted the toshibas hd just fine, Any ideas?
Also it won't load recorvery options for some reason

xryanxcorex

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

I've thought that too, I tried to startup with every single device including booting a live cd, a windows 7 install disc. Still have the same problems

kadymcelhaney14

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Did you ever get your problem fixed? I am using a dell Latitude E5510 and have the same problem. I can finally get mine to start if I restart a million times and select hd in the boot menu. I am at a loss. Mine started last year when I was using it. It just shut down and wouldn't restart for some time. I finally got it to start with the boot problem. Any help would be appreciated.