Right rear channel playing through subwoofer on 5.1 sound setup. Help please!

dissentience

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Hello all,

I have an on-board Realtek surround setup, with Logitech X540 speakers. My OS is Windows 8.1. For some reason, the audio from the rear right channel plays through the subwoofer. I have tried everything I can find via Google and my own knowledge to fix this issue, but it has me outright stumped. I am using the driver for my motherboard for Windows 8.1 from the Asus site (the motherboard is a P8Z77-V LE PLUS for those curious.

When I select the 5.1 setup in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, with the Side Pair checked, I get no sound when I test those rear speakers. When I switch to a 7.1 setup, I get sound from the left rear speaker fine, but sound from the right rear speaker plays through the subwoofer.

For some reason I am unable to remap the outputs using the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

If anyone can shed any light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. It should be noted that as I do not used the surround a whole lot, I didn't actually notice when this issue first started. I am willing to give any more information needed if required. Thank you in advance.

dissentience

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Not sure why, but messing around a bit with the physical speaker connections to the subwoofer seem to have done the job -- I assume something got loose. Sorry for what ended up being some spam!