How Can I Get My APU System To Run At Full Capacity While Gaming.

ANDY1988

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I always thought I know a little about how PC's work, I can even build a basic system from scratch my self if I have the correct parts and software. Then again this was almost 11 years ago when I last laid my hands on a system.. a lot has changed since then, my question today evolves around APU's and how they work.

I know they combine the CPU and GPU for faster processing speeds, but that's about it, because my knowledge about PC's has more then crumbled away over the years I was kinda silly last year when I seen a PC for sale for £560 on a gaming website. It told me pretty good specs and said 1GB ATI capable of playing most titles. I thought it was a pretty good deal so I bought it. I got it the next day and when I opened it to see the graphics card I was shocked to see none.. then I learned about APUs and was really annoyed because I hate integrated graphics.

How do I get my APU to give me full power in-game.. I have 1GB Graphics but never get the full range it only ever stays at 512MB so I have a lot of trouble running games even from 2009..
I tried going into the BIOS and messing with some frequency's and stuff but that broke my PC for 2 months until somehow I fixed it.. I'm done with PC tech it's moved on too much since last I done it so trying to learn a bunch of stuff is difficult all over again. Just give me my 1GB power that it says on the box not 512MB. Any help would be great, sorry for the long text. Specs Below. Hope it's enough. I know the graphics etc are not the best but I should still be able to play Dead Island Riptide or Company of Heroes on atleast Medium settings without jumps and 10 FPS.

CPU: AMD A4-3300 Dual Core
RAM: 4GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6410D
Board: MSI A55M AMD K12

Computer__GUY

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
First of all, what speed memory do you have? 1333Mhz memory isn't recommended for an APU system. Also, don't expect to be able to play games on this rig. The AMD A4-3330 is the cheapest APU out their and isn't capable of playing any modern titles even on the lowest of settings. From what I've seen from your specs, this PC is a complete rip-off which you could've built yourself for about £150.