Getting New Graphics Card + RAM - HELP PLEASE

Dewlinq

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Hello Everyone. I hope somebody can help me in my unknowledge about my computer specs, and the computer motherboard, etc...

My computer has all stock items in it from the HP Pavilion h8-1234.
HP Pavilion h8-1234
I noticed it actually has a pretty bad graphics card and a bad set of RAM (10GB).
My system overheats and the fan goes on every second for so much of the RAM produced.

Basiclly, I want to upgrade my computer as much as I could, to make it a gaming computer. (Running top-edge games, such as Battlefield 4, ARMA III, DayZ, etc.)

So, I was hoping adding more RAM & a new graphics card, will fix my problem, and completely give me high FPS & not cause as much low statistics in gaming benchmarks.
*This is the GPU I was hoping to buy: GTX 670
*This is the standard amount of RAM I want to add to my computer: Crucial 8GB
^^ Now, 1'st question, will everything be alright, and be fine for my computer? Or will I have to buy something else to increase more performance or to make it all work together?

2'nd questions is, how much CPU power should I have for all of this, adding on to my computer? How many W?

Thanks alot for those who have helped me out. I appreciate everything.

Dewlinq

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Why would you say that? Is there something wrong with this build?

Why do you think 10 gig of RAM is bad? Overheating is not cause by the RAM amount but probably by dust in the case or where the system is kept.

I'm guessing the system has two 4 gig sticks and two 1 gig sticks. There is no need to mess with the RAM in the system.

You'll probably want a close to 500 watt CPU for the 760 card, and make sure the case can fit it OK.

Dewlinq

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

Thanks alot, & because it tells me on my computer when I even run one program, my RAM is almost at 100%. So gotcha, no adding RAM. Does the GTX 670 have the right ports for my computer motherboard? Sorry for all the questions, as you can see, I'm not so great at this. I just dont want to buy it for no reason.

Your RAM should be pretty much totally free, not at 100% use unless you have a 32 bit OS installed. I suggest you backup your files and settings and try a clean Windows setup when you get the other upgrades, or maybe even before.

If you have overheating issues, make sure the case is clean and it's not having issued due to hardware faults.

If you don't have the budget for a totally new build, upgrading the CPU and video card should give you a nice boost in speed. Actually just the video card should work out pretty well for you.

The CPU is not slow, it's just slow compared to the very fast new CPUs.

Fitzitz may not have checked the specs on your system, it's DDR3 RAM "4 x DDR3" and the CPU is not bad unless it's compared to a new i5 or something in that class.