First Time New Build: PLEASE Critique!!! $2000-ish Budget

I'm New to the community and have been wanting to build a Strictly "Gaming" PC since i bought a Xbox One and none of my friends moved over with me (thats the only reason i was gaming on Xbox 360 for 7 years to start with is becuase i could game with them).

Partpicker;
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2GldU

I've looked at the buying a Pre-Built PC but thats just no fun and i enjoy this kinda stuff, i would like to stay around the $2000 range but i also want somthing thats going to be good enough for awhile aswell. I would also like to consider Overclocking down the road when im comfortable so im hoping these components would support that? My goal is to have amazing graphics, I havent decided if im going with a 2- 24" 144hz Monitors or 27" Monitors yet.

Just a quick overview of some Major Components that i have questions about.

CPU- Intel i5-4670K (My understanding is there is no reason to go with i7-4770K for gaming, True?)
CPU Cooler- Corsair H100i (is there a big benifit vs the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?)
Motherboard- Asus Maximus VI Hero ( Is this Over/Underkill for Gaming/OCing ect)
VideoCard- Geforce GTX 780 (This is where it seems to get confusing for me because there seems like so many diffrent models of the 780, is there a brand that sticks out, Ex. Evga/Asus/Gigabyte ect ect...)
SSD- Samsung 840 256 2.5"
Case- Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower (I just like the look of this one, im still open to suggestions)
PSU- Corsair AX760i or AX860i?? ( from what i read i dont want to cheap out on a PSU is either of these fine, or should i go another route?)
OS-Windows 8.1

So my biggest questions now have to do with if this setup will have suffciant cooling? and my power supply,the 780 Graphics Card, and the future Overclock-ability, Please if somthing looks wrong or Over/Under Kill, please let me know, im new to this and try reseaching ALOT, but there are alot of different opinions, and im open to them.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about time build critique 2000 ish budget
  1. lucaz said:

Partpicker;
    http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2GldU

1.CPU- Intel i5-4670K (My understanding is there is no reason to go with i7-4770K for gaming, True?)
    2.CPU Cooler- Corsair H100i (is there a big benifit vs the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?)
    3.Motherboard- Asus Maximus VI Hero ( Is this Over/Underkill for Gaming/OCing ect)
    4. VideoCard- Geforce GTX 780 (This is where it seems to get confusing for me because there seems like so many diffrent models of the 780, is there a brand that sticks out, Ex. Evga/Asus/Gigabyte ect ect...)
    5.SSD- Samsung 840 256 2.5"
    6.Case- Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower (I just like the look of this one, im still open to suggestions)
    7.PSU- Corsair AX760i or AX860i?? ( from what i read i dont want to cheap out on a PSU is either of these fine, or should i go another route?)
    8.OS-Windows 8.1

1. for pure gaming no there is no benefit in going with 4770k .
    2 honestly don't like the closed loop systems. the hyper 212 evo or the noctua nh-d14 work really well
    3. me personally i don't see a reason in spending more than 150 dollars on a mobo for gaming
    4.to me it's more of a personal preference i tend to go with zotac gigabyte or msi whichever is cheaper .
    5. i'd go with the samsung evo over the pro .
    6. very nice case. have modded a few of them .
    7. You never want to cheap out on the psu . the one's you have listed are very nice but really expensive id go with a seasonic,xfx ,antec , a corsair RM or TX , or a PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III .

here is a build for you
    PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2GqF0
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2GqF0/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2GqF0/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($259.00 @ Canada Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.06 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($141.00 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($85.98 @ Newegg Canada)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($186.34 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.75 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($529.99 @ Memory Express)
    Case: Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower Case ($179.99 @ Memory Express)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer ($25.75 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($93.88 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $1697.73
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-23 19:09 EST-0500)
  2. Thanks Bodeen for the reply!

So would what I have picked, will I have an issue with cooling? I don't fully understand why I see so systems with a big liquid cooling setup, So will I be able to cool properly the gtx 780 ect, with just case fans, minus the separate cooler for the CPU?

Thanks
  3. big liquid cooling setups are for real overclocking the cpu and the gpu plus it keeps the temps low . yes you can keep the 780 cool with case fans .
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Systems New Build