I need help on my first time ever build...

swegname

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I'm thinking of building my first ever computer
My budget is going up to maximum of 3000.

This is the link for my choice at the moment http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/swegname/saved/3wTR

I'm hooking up 2 of those monitors in the build. I think it's both 1080p, please confirm that if you know :)

Can you tell me if the 780 ti is good enough for 2 1080p monitors? Is it good enough for 3 1080p monitors? As I might get another in the future. The most important question I have is, which GTX 780 ti is the best? I mean which company.

Also, can you look at the motherboard and tell me if I need a better one?

Lastly, is water cooling better for my GPU? Or the stock cooler. If the water cooling is better, can you give me a link to the product please?

Thank you for all the help!

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Ill start with you last question, water cooling your gpu, is a good way to fast track yourself to overkill, basically what happens is nvidia releases a gpu and then other company takes the base card and then puts there own after market cooling on it OC it and add extra VRAM to it. So basically that's the how it works. As for brands I'd say gigabyte have the best cooling and are a great brand, MSI lightning is one of the best cards ever made.

The gtx780ti is about the second most powerful card you can buy, behind the gtx titian. You can run 2 no sweet, as for 3 you should be able to until you start running highly graphics intensive program's and games.

Given your budget why aren't you looking at the lga2012 socket. I'd recommend the I7-4930k and either the asrock extreme9 or a really good asus board but otherwise that board will do fine. The difference in performance between say one if the highest end boards, and a simple mini atx is hardly even noticeable. So do stress all you need to look for is a board that supports the things you what.

Yes they are both 1080p screens