A10-5800k Low WEI, noise, and Ram issues on FM2-A85xma-E35

J__

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hi guys,

Just built a budget set today and ran into some issues. First the install was almost flawless except the lock tab on the 20pin of the PSU was broken upon delivery, didn't really care too much about that as I don't think that will pop off anytime soon. Got the system running and win7 ultimate installed.

problem 1:
Now after seeing WEI score of only 4.8, I searched up the problem and went through all the threads on here with this problem. The solution was either the dual channel ram was not being recognized or people were only using 1 stick. I was using both channels and CPUz displayed them as dual, but still getting the problem. I've never overclocked in my life but managed to figure out boosting the ram in oc genie to 2133 from the stock 1600 leaving everything else untouched. Then back into windows and 4.8 improved to 5.3 but still not the 6.7+ everyone else is getting stock. Any help?

problem 2:
my ram is supposed to be 2133 at CL9, but after 'oc'ing' it in oc genie, cpuz displayed the CL at 14 clocks! is that normal? Do I need to manually adjust the timing on the ram in OC genie to get the proper timings for these ram?

problem 3:
Again with the CPU, everytime the cpu is under load, there is a moderate buzzing sound coming from it. Sounds exactly like a tattoo gun but not as loud. No sound when idle, but sound anytime the cpu is doing anything. I've tested it with a rolled up sheet of paper so I know for sure it's not the fan nor psu nor harddrive, comes from the cpu. Thoughts?

Because of the low graphics performance I RMA'd the sucker and the guy came to pick it up 30 mins after my application (www.jd.com), man they are fast. In the meantime I am cpu-less to do further testing on this setup for 5 days.

Anyone have thoughts or similar problems? Could it be a bad mobo causing the buzz and poor graphics? I've built 4 'full' systems in my life over the last 20 years but first with an apu and FM2 board.

System specs:
Cooltek (jonsbo) U3
Coolermaster 400W PSU
AMD A10-5800k
MSI FM2-A85XMA-E35
G.skill RipjawsX DDR3 2133 (F3-2133C9D-8GXL)
Deepcool Gammaxx 300 heatsink
Seagate 1tb ST1000DM003 7200 rpm

thanks!

ccampy

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
5.3 on weisound about right if your using the apu integrated graphics they arnt that powerful you know nor is the cpu on them a radeon 7770 will only get around 7.3-7.5 and your apu -igpu will be a bit behind that

then your Normal HDD wont get much higher then that sort of area you would need a SSD to get a high score on that
what area is giving you the low wei score it does give a breakdown

J__

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
5.3 is the graphics score after adjusting the ram to 2133, before it was 4.8 at 1600 speeds with gaming graphics at 6.7. Others are getting both graphics and gaming at 6.7 straight out of the box?

my HDD is low at 5.9 but i'm not worried about that, just the low graphics score was much lower than it should.