Stealth Brings Out Silent Fanless Mini PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
"I was actually pretty excited about this until the price" Exactly. For ~500$ its an excellent little machine. For 1k$ its only for those who really don't have space, for 2k$ its for the computer illiterate.

G

$2200 for a PC with mobile CPU, no discrete GPU, only 4 GB of RAM (in 2014!?) and only 128 GB of storage? Is this some kind of a joke?

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
This was made for where you need a computer to work 24/7 365 and not have to worry about it. $2000 is a small price instead of having to buy a new computer every six months because your work environment killed it.

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
While the cost is up there, I think the people complaining are looking at the "small" part versus the "rugged" part. Yeah, I'd love this - at a far lower price point, and without "ruggedizing" features - for home use, personally, but just like enterprise vs home drives/equipment/etc, I can see the reason for the pricing. It should be a set-and-forget somewhere for years. It's not meant to be a home PC.

Paul Tarnowski

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, try to keep a normal desktop PC or laptop running the CNC in a carpentry shop and suddenly the price doesn't seem so high. I can guess it'll also be picked up by police, fire, and first responders that need the ruggedization out in the field. This is not a consumer toy.

John Andrews

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I think the people complaining about the price are missing the point of this computer, it is not a home consumer type product but meant for certain industries where wear and tear on the computer will be significant and those applications would need a higher level of reliability. If you look at Stealth's website you'll see these types of computers are meant for military, oil/gas, manufacturing, etc. type of places.

Status
Not open for further replies.