Computer turns off

pandagirl

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

I have a Acer computer running windows Vista . Last night I noticed that there was no power to my keyboard/screen and mouse. I looked down to see the light to the tower was blinking. so I held down the power and turned it off then tried to turn it back on. still the same. No power everything. so I unplugged everything opened it up . Used a can of air. and then plugged everything pack in. and it worked. she actually turned on and everything was fine. went to sleep woke up and it was the same. so unhooked everything again used the can of air. and it worked. but when it loads up it's to a black screen. with two options . start normally which it wont go any further then a black screen. or the other option to delete system restoration from this point something like that. and that's the only option that will actually bring me to my desktop. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

'System Restore' will let you restore the system to a previous known good boot. Use this option and follow the prompts and restore the system. Then do a complete backup of the system on to an external disk.