Intel's Fanless NUC Mini PC with Bay Trail Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaho0006

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Not sure that its fanless, also seems like this lost the msata slot from the other nucs. Would have loved a passively cooled version with an ssd/hdd combo, but that being said $100 with built in comms its still quite nice.

peterf28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Intel integrated graphics have serious issues when connecte d to some LCD TVs. It is a long known issue, I dont know why this is not mentioned more often. Just google for it. Not

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Pricing starts at $128? I can't find this anywhere at the source, not even in their product brief, and it's a very doubtful value since Intel's batch pricing for the Celeron N2820 is $107 for the CPU alone--I can't imagine an integrated board would only add $19...

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I have an old Intel 320 series SSD and a spare 4GB SODIMM that would fit nicely in one of these. For $130 I'm curious how well it will run as a Steam streaming receiver. I was looking at a Gigabyte Brix to run as a stream receiver for my TV but if this can handle decoding the stream smoothly I may grab one of these instead. GbE, HDMI, fanless operation, and a sub-$130 pricetag sounds like a perfect combo if the performance is up to snuff.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I have my own computer store i can't source these nobody has any stock on this asked 3 suppliers.For a HTPC i bought the lenovo q190 with multimedia remote w/back light has 500g hard drive and running xbmc has same stats but has usb 3's and a card reader has windows 8 installed.It is VERY responsive and quick the remote is fantastic best remote i have seen to date.I set it to boot right into xbmc loads in a blink of an eye, i also have a haupage usb digital tv tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.