western digital my passport lost password, and no format option

gutter_mike

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I was given a western digital my passport by a friend (no clue where he got it, he might have found it), and id like to use it. Problem is, after getting the password wrong so many times, i never get the option of formatting it. I could care less about the data already on there, but now I cant see another way in without bypassing the password protection. So, Im curious, where is the password stored on this thing? I dont want anyone to tell me how to crack the password, im just wondering where and how the passeord protection on here works... Ill go from there.

OR, if anyone knows how i can format it WITHOUT the prompt (after guessing the password wrong so many times), that would be even better. But, Id still be curious about the protection.

gutter_mike

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Well, that's a shame, thanks anyway, but the other part of the question is how to format said drive, which I said would be preferable. I never get the prompt to format it, and the partition is somehow hidden, only showing the part. with the protocol and the hard drive protection program. I don't want the data on there, could care less, I just want to be able to use this drive myself.