Monitor showing white with vertical lines

keyblade025

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
So I had this monitor (Sony SDM-S73) just sitting somewhere not being used so over summer I decided to pop it into my computer for a secondary display over summer, it worked flawlessly, even when I got a new PC it still did the job perfectly. But on October 1st while using my computer the secondary screen stared to do a kind of flicker, at first I thought it was my computer or the connection was loose. I unplugged it and it still flickered, after a while it got back to normal. on November 1st it started happening again and this time it didn't fix itself. now all it does is give me a while screen with a few vertical lines of colours, and when it's on for about 10 seconds it starts to change to green then purple then black. Any way of fixing this? Any help would be appreciated.

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
On first monitor, you have said that you have two, second one is Sony, what's happening when you plug it as single where is Sony plugged? If same thing happens on first monitor, then your graphics is probably dead. If your first monitor is working flawless then you need to take sony to service. Probably some capacitors are gone.

keyblade025

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

My primary is perfectly fine. but whenever I unplug my sony monitor from my computer and it only runs off of power, it would usually say that it's not connected but instead I have a lovely white screen in front of me. It is definitely the monitor.

rothingham

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Do as mironso said, try using the "faulty" screen as a single monitor and see what happens.
You can always try to update your graphics driver.
But yeah, chances are your graphics card is broken.

keyblade025

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

I just plugged it into my mothers laptop to check if it was my GPU but it gave me the same problem. The GPU is also the integrated one while my main is in my GTX 760. So my computer is fine, it's the monitor itself. Now what I ask for is a solution without having to send it in for repair because this is a pretty old monitor which probably has no more warranty on it and it's a shame to see it die like this when I was just getting used to it.

keyblade025

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Hmm, guess that's the only solution so I'll go with that, thanks.