Need help in deciding which monitor to buy.

ciaron454

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking for a new monitor in anticipation of payday next week. My 8 year old monitor died and I'm currently using a 1280x720 crappy monitor until I can afford a replacement, which will be next week.

I'm a gamer that mainly plays fast paced games such as FPS, racing and certain MMO's. So what monitor specs that dictates I should have I will leave up to you as I know very little about the current situations with monitors.

I'd ideally like something above or around 23" and at least 1080p. Not sure about if I should get a 120hz+ monitor as like I said previously, not too sure about the current situation and I have never seen one in person so I have no personal reference to fall upon.

My budget is around £200, I can go a bit higher or lower, I'd prefer to get the most for my money but also like to spend enough that I will be set for a while / not have to upgrade it any time soon.

My current rig is:

i7 3820 @ 4.5Ghz
64GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
Asus Sabertooth X79
2 x Asus GTX 670's in SLI
2 x 1TB Velociraptors and additional storage drives.
2x Blu-ray players.

As you can tell, my computer is quite high end so I tend to run games at ultra so I would really like a monitor that would allow me to see games to the full extent.

I also do not currently have any plans for a multi monitor set up but one that would work well in such a set up in the future would be a nice but not required addition.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and I hope you can help me!

ciaron454

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
That's nice from my little understanding of monitors, could you perhaps tell me what you feel is good about it?

I should of also said, I'm not interested in 3D but if it's part of a great monitor, then obviously I'll take it either way.

Whammy

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

It's 1080p, 144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time and it has great viewing angles.