This new look forum is awful

p75

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I haven’t been on this forum for some time and since then this forum has change for the worse. What happened to the old forum?

The forum is now awful and much harder to use, read. Why do sites and forums feel the need to make their websites look like windows 8? It sucks!

Please put it back the way it was or give some option to make it look and work like the old forum. The current forum is not very user friendly in my view.

p75

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Funny when I am not signed in, the forum looks just like it was before but soon as i'm logged in, it looks like this windows 8.

An option to keep it the way it was would be nice.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Are you referring to the categorical customization? Per user request, we updated the forum a while ago to allow registered users to customize their forum views, making favorite categories easier to follow and adding tags as well as the Follow feature. It takes a little bit of time to get acclimated to, but once you do, the browsing experience is a lot faster than it previously was. The forum subcategories which you see as an unregistered user still exist as a registered one, but are found as tags under the main listings - very easy to get to.

I understand if the change seems jarring to you, but I do hope you'll give it a chance and stick with us. :)

-JP