Getting Horrible Lag On Skyrim

TheFalseShepherd

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
So I just built a computer and I installed SKyrim from Steam. I tried playing Skyrim but the lag was horrible. My PC specs are:

intel i5 3470, MSI Z77A-G41 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard, G Skill Rip Jaws X Series 8GB, Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM, Gigabyte Geforce 2GB Video Card, and a XFX 550W Power Supply.

What is the problem? Please help me out!!!

Solution
whatever you are using for a monitor, it doesnt matter. you have it connected to the port on the motherboard, so you arent using your nvidia card. connect your display to the nvidia gpu.

TheFalseShepherd

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Well My Video Card is a Gigabyte 3X Windforce OC Version Gtx 770 2GB and my Wifi is hardwired to my PC that is very well. I can play BF4 on my ps4 with almost no lag.

TheFalseShepherd

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Yes, I put in the disk that came with the video card, and also tried to find updates on the ndivia website, AND went into task manger and did the same thing. Also, I'm using a Wifi switch in my room that has cables that directly connect the PC to the WIFI

OllieOxenFree

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
That's strange you should be pulling about 75fps in that game with that card.
Try updating drivers from nvidea web page. Other than that only thing i can think to do is a clean install of the game if you aren't having any issues in other games.

edit- seen you did the driver thing. make sure you get the one from the website tho. Good chance that disk will be outdated

TheFalseShepherd

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

In simple, I'm using broadband connection. Also, sometimes, in skyrim the graphics adapter says intel graphics, and when i disable it, it says im using basic microsoft driver. Even when I optimize my game with the video card compatibilites, it lags horribly.

TheFalseShepherd

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Actually, I haven't got a monitor yet. I'm waiting for it, and using my TV as a monitor. Is that the problem?

OllieOxenFree

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
DASWILHELM could be on to something here. Make sure the cable is not plugged into the The large rear panel of connectors but to the secondary panel which should be lower on the rear of the pc and only have 4 or so plug ins

TheFalseShepherd

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

OMG now I feel so stupid! Thank You so much for helping me out.