Windows 8 recovery and virus

vintom

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Hi all

laptop is having a recovery partition of window 8 (around 10 GB) and rest HDD for installing softwares and storing data.

NOW my question is when the virus attack comes then it will attack the recovery partition OR the rest of the HDD where my software and data are stored ?

Also when i will click on recovery button of windows 8, will it erase my softwares and data ????

Vineet

mibix19

Distinguished
Hi. Your recovery partition is safe from a virus attack. It is your hard drive with everything else that will be attacked. Keep your files backed up on a separate USB or hard drive or disc.Also keep your anti virus up to date and you should not have to worry. If you click on the recovery button it will restore your computer to when you first got it and therefore will have to re install programmes.

vintom

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Hi

At present i have Old pc with 4 partitions.
C Drive (In this my windows and softwares are installed)
D Drive (Data stored)
E Drive (Data stored)
F Drive (Data stored)

when ever virus attacks, i have to format my C Drive where windows is installed.

So similarly in case of my laptop,
if windows is installed on separate recovery partition and softwares are installed on separate partition, then on click of the RECOVERY Button , only the windows should get re-installed or refreshed. My softwares installed on another drive should not get affected.

So why would i need to re-install the softwares that are on another partition ???

Can you please explain again ?

thanks
Vineet

mibix19

Distinguished
When you re install windows there is no information there to know what programmes you have. the only way to let windows know what programmes you have and what to do with them is to re install them.It is like having some writing on a piece of paper. If you rub all the writing off it you will still have your piece of paper but you don't know what was on it until you rewrite it.

jessusmerry

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
If loss your valuable data from your system, so don't feel nervous because have a chance to recover it without any issue..... so i recommend you if you any amount of data, then you will try the best Windows 8 data recovery tool it will help you to recover all data easily.

http://www.windows8.windowsfilerecovery.com/