• Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Gelid Tranquillo ReV 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi guys i almost had a heartattack after my CPU cooler clip snapped in two and took my pc down for a day. Stopped posting etc etc for a whole day then miraculously fixed xD.

Anyways the issue was with Zalman 7500 Al-Cu cooler. The AMD clip just suddenly broke in half. I had another of these lying around so im using the substitute, but now im scared that this noob cooler will fall off and this time end his life.

So i need to choose between available coolers for me.

Cooler master v6 GT
Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO
Gelid Tranquillo ReV 2

best performance price ratio would be appreciated, add in the noise factor too. Dont want to feed an elephant.

If you have a better alternatives at awesome prices from a shop that ships to Mauritius, please do no t hesitate to add them.

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

Well where i am located the hyper 212 it is around $44.
The gelid i was gona get on ebay around same price.
And the V6 barely used from a friend. for around $50.

I'd like more input before i set on buying. But all point towards the 212 EVO. I'll wait a bit more and see.

I'm not sure where you're located, or what sites you are using, so I am not what recommendations to make there.

A quick glance at reviews tells me that the V6 GT will probably be the best performing, but not by much. Gelid would be the worst.

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
ok so just to recap.

I am located in mauritius and most shops that have that kind of price probably dont ship here or have a huge shipping cost associated to the product.

So im getting the v6 gt for lets say $50 from a friend and the 212 EVO cost $44 new in shop. So using this simple data what would you recommend. Personally i dont like buying things locally too expensive, but paying 25-60 bucks shipping on a 35 USD product sux. So i'll take the cooler locally between these 2.

Either of the two should suit you well.

I finally dug up a useful link for you: http://www.overclocking-tv.com/content/reviews/13393/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-fight-hyper-tx3-evo-vs-212-evo/

They don't rate the V6 GT in the greatest of light, but, as you can see, the raw performance increase is there. It should be worth the extra $6, just be sure that it will fit in your rig and take note that it will be a step louder than the EVO.

So, go ahead and go for the V6 GT. If you still want to look for alternatives, see if you might be able to find the Xigmatek Gaia, or the Enermax ETS-T40-TB for an acceptable price in your area; they are roughly equivalent to the Hyper 212 EVO.

Lascar

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

Thanks for the info very helpful. Think ill go for the EVO like every1 does xD.

Cheers

Blecter

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I bump for the Evo. Keeps my i5-4670k @ 4.4GHz around 30-32C at idle, and around 65-70C under full load. From my experience you won't be disappointed!