8-pin CPU connector wont fit to mobo

Crazydude194

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hey niggas, I own Asrock z77 extreme6 mobo with i7 3770 . I bought XFX 850w XXX Edition PSU and it seems like that 8-pin CPU connector wont fit to motherboard's 8- pin connector. Before you ask me stupid question i can confirm u that im sure that im not trying to plug PCI-e connector in 8-pin cpu power connector. However problem is that one pin don't match because on mobo is square and on psu's 8-pin connector is rounded input. So my question is simple AM I ALLOWED TO PLUG IT ANIWAY AS ROUNDED PIN PHISICALY FITS IN SQUARE WITHOUT FRYING ANYTHING?

Thx

Crazydude194

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
yeeah it works now , i really don't know why they complicated squares and rounds with 4+4 ... and the last question, that modular cable for cpu is like a "flat cable" i can only route it across GPU (it's touching GPU) so can a GPU melt that cable?:/

caliskan

Reputable
Mar 19, 2014
you can’t fit the rounded key in the squared one. That’s precisely why they designed it that way. What earlier post meant was that the connectors are keyed in a way so that you can only fix them from one side. Now the PSU connector and motherboard connector shouldn’t be different unless you’re trying to fit a small laptop PSU on a PC, otherwise they all come with standard connectors. Please check with your vendor.

printed board assembly