SLI 770 GTX 2GB or 4GB for 3 monitor setup on 5760 x 1080?

BRamBoNL

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hello all,

I have been reading quite alot upon this topic but by now I can't really find the exact same question from someone else (might be my searching skills though).

I have been looking into the whole single 780 Ti vs 770 SLI setup and in the end I came to conclusion that I want an SLI setup since the games I play as of now are all supported and besides I always play on a 3 monitor setup. This except for BF4 but they will follow one day, I guess...

At this moment I play on a 3 monitor setup at 5760 x 1080 with no plans yet to upgrade those monitors at this point to 1440p or anything.

In this case what would you advice? 2x MSI 770 GTX Gaming with 2GB or 4GB?

Should I get the 4GB with this monitor setup and to 'future proof', as in how far you can do this, or is it just a waste of money and should I buy the 2GB with 2 games for that money?

I would really appreciate your few cents into this matter, or a link to a previously asked question that 100% matches mine if you can find it.

Solution
Crossfire is alright, but with either sli or crossfire you will run into some problems (just typical ones, usually not anything serious). the 770 is pretty much identical in performance compared to the 280x, as they trade blows in many games. Sli does tend to yield better performance results in terms of frame time variance (less jittery on screen), than crossfire. typically go with a stronger single card solution over dual card solutions if you can. But if you can't look up benchmarks for the games you play, as the 770 sli and 280x crossfire do not scale equally in all games

BRamBoNL

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Great, thanks for clearing that up, that was the answer I was looking for. Thanks once more!

Now I took a look at the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB aswell which is € 70,- / $ 96 cheaper, would that be an option nowadays in Crossfire? I do get that alot of people are mocking about Crossfire but for games like Battlefield 4 with this 3 monitor setup what will serve my purpose better? The MSI version of this R9 280x is even cheaper but I believe when it comes to Radeon cards Sapphire is better?

Crossfire is alright, but with either sli or crossfire you will run into some problems (just typical ones, usually not anything serious). the 770 is pretty much identical in performance compared to the 280x, as they trade blows in many games. Sli does tend to yield better performance results in terms of frame time variance (less jittery on screen), than crossfire. typically go with a stronger single card solution over dual card solutions if you can. But if you can't look up benchmarks for the games you play, as the 770 sli and 280x crossfire do not scale equally in all games

Solution