GPU going to be good?

avenstin

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
i recently bought a new gpu and it needs two connectors, a 6 pin and 8 pin pcie but my psu only has a 6 pin pcie. In that case i was gonna get a 8 pin adapter specifically a dual 4 pin molex to 8 pin pcie connector to do the job. The thing is i dont know if its gonna be good to run the gpu with this adapter, i dont no if im in a safe situation and i really dont wanna to buy a new power supply.
Anyone has any suggestions? Or am i good?

my graphic card = xfx amd R7870 double d
my power supply= PoWorkSilent 650W- Max ATX Power Supply with 12cm fan

NormH

Distinguished
id say get a 40 dollar 600w 80+ bronze psu to be safe....http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8430969&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CMePtYbaobwCFa10Qgodq1gA1g

hope this helps

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
i wouldnt suggest getting a $40 psu. the psu is the most important. it doesnt matter if you have quad titans and an i7, without a quality psu your whole system can become garbage. i dont have any advice in solving your thread, sorry, but if your do end up getting a new psu corsair, seasonic, and xfx are good brands i can think of off the top of my head

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
actually, that psu is on super sale, and is a great deal. for that price i would suggest it. with the cables you dont use you can try hiding most of them behind the mb tray and with the rest as long as they arent infron of any fans your good to go

avenstin

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
i ended up buying a new psu guys, i think im ok now with the new psu but i would very much like to know what u guys think. im i gonna be good over clocking too?

my new psu is a " corsair cx 750m "

NormH

Distinguished