DanMikietyn

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hi all. I hope you can help.

I've just build a new build, specs are as follows:

i7 4770k
Gigabyte z87-HD3 Motherboard
Palit Gtx 770 2GB
120 GB Kingston Hyper X SSD (windows/photoshop/steam)
1TB 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda HDD
1x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mHz (cmy8gx3m2a1600c9b)

and i'm running Window 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I cant seem to get the system to see all 8GB of ram, only 4. I've tried all 4 memory slots, checked the bios (which doesnt say how much ram there is, just what frequency its running at) and looked at past posts here.

I cant seem to find the answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help in advance,
Dan

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Make sure you have the latest BIOS, also ensure it is the Win7 64bit, check the stick itself and make sure it's a 8GB stick, in the BIOS, it should show how much DRAM is in each slot, also can right click MY COMPUTER, select properties and see what that shows, if it's a 8GB stick should show as such

DanMikietyn

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
i downloaded the latest bios from gigabyte, but it didnt really seem to install, just flashed up and was gone. not sure if thats done.

The stick is legit, my computer and all properties are shoing 3.9gb available.... i'm a bit stumped

DanMikietyn

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
yup, def 64 bit, boot tab memory, is unchecked.

I downloaded cpu-z and checked, it says my memory is running in single channel, not dual.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Hopefully ;) Have seen where people buy DRAM, and chanfge the labels, then keep the 8GB sticks and return the 4GB ones with the label from the 8GB, then the stores never check them them and sell tham as whet they think are 8GB

DanMikietyn

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Actually, should it still run at 8gb if its in single channel? If i put another stick in, allowing it to run at dual channel, would i utilize the full 8gb in the stick then?

I was going to invest in another stick as it is...