Top case fans noise??

Velmonte

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hello all,
One of my top case fans is making a really annoying noise when running my PC. I sounds like the blades are hitting the inside rim of the fan. They don't seem to be hitting anything else. After a little while, it stops doing it and everything's quiet then.

Is this something I should worry about?

Is there a way I can adjust the fan blade to where it will spin with more stability? I really don't wanna have to deal with replacing the fan completely, seems rather risky to me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My time is limited before work, so I couldn't find a decent picture of the case. I do know that some cases, for the top panel/grating/mesh where you can install fans, the it is a separate unit from the main structure of the case. So, if you have top exhaust fans installed, sometimes the vibration of the fans can cause the mesh to vibrate itself.

That's what happens with my Corsair 300R, and it uses to drive me nuts. It won't make the noise with the fans on the lowest setting, though. Otherwise, I have to find some sort of weight to push on it to keep it from vibrating. So, try that.

If it still makes the noise, all I can say is inspect the fan while its in operation. See if you can confirm anything.