Question on forum rules / forum etiquette

DeathAndPain

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Hello everyone,

I would like to hear an official statement on the following question please:

Are forum users allowed to post all their threads and replies in bold and coloured font?

I am asking because there is a member who does and who claims that it is ok. This is a little hard for me to believe, because if everyone did so, this forum would soon look like a clown and be hard to read, but if it is indeed ok, then I plan on doing it myself.

The interesting detail is that said member is a moderator. However, he uses his bold coloured font in all his posts, including ones where he simply participates in the discussion without exercising his moderator role.

I would just like to have an official statement that I can link to if anyone questions my future habit of using bold+coloured font myself in the future.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yes you can make your posts look however you want. That is why you and every other user has those options. Customize to your hearts content.

As Anort said, you can use whatever colour options are available to you to personalize your posts. They are there to be used, if it weren't allowed then it wouldn't be an option.
Obviously don't go nuts and have every 2nd word a different colour, but use that ability as you want.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Really the only major formatting point that would catch a beat-down would be POSTING IN ALL CAPS. So long as your thread is well-kept, your sentences nicely strung together and your attitude kind, you could very well make every other letter in your words a different color. I don't recommend it out of visibility and brevity's sake, but you could.

randomizer

Champion
Well as long as it has been officially sanctioned and I'm not trying to help some person with a really serious problem I suppose it's not a bad idea to fill the forum with rainbows and make everyone feel warm and fuzzy inside.

randomizer

Champion
Yes, I used a generator :) I wrote it myself actually. More fancy BBCode tends to differ between forums so finding an existing one that will produce exactly the right code would probably have taken longer.

TRENDING THREADS