Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

GTX Geforce 660TI suddenly not recognized and only booting to Integrated graphics.

Tags:
  • EVGA
  • Graphics
  • Computers
  • Graphics Cards
  • Geforce
  • Gtx
  • ti
  • 660
  • Monitors
  • Displays
Last response: in Displays
January 30, 2014 12:26:42 PM

I am using an EVGA GTX Geforce 660TI graphics card in my home built computer. This rig has worked for about a year now but suddenly the computer will only boot from integrated graphics and wont even recognize the Graphics card. I have reseated everything a few times and checked all cables, the internal fan on the card is running. How do I get my computer to recognize the card again?

More about : gtx geforce 660ti suddenly recognized booting integrated graphics

a c 100 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2014 12:28:35 PM

Download the latest drivers from nvidia, as well as the latest driver for your integrated graphics
m
0
l
a c 100 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2014 12:29:19 PM

Also, check your power supply, it may no longer be outputting the proper power (likely if it is 450 watts or lower and a low quality power supply)
m
0
l
Related resources
January 30, 2014 1:04:07 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
Download the latest drivers from nvidia, as well as the latest driver for your integrated graphics


I downloaded Nvidias drivers but it says it cannot find any hardware and then cancels installation. Ill try the integrated graphics driver.
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 1:04:50 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
Also, check your power supply, it may no longer be outputting the proper power (likely if it is 450 watts or lower and a low quality power supply)


I am using a Rosewill 750W supply if that helps.
m
0
l
a c 100 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2014 1:08:05 PM

Nope, not the psu then. Your gpu may have simply died, which seems fairly relevant considering it just straight up stopped working for you without you doing anything specific
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 1:11:11 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
Nope, not the psu then. Your gpu may have simply died, which seems fairly relevant considering it just straight up stopped working for you without you doing anything specific


Is that possible as the fan is still running?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 100 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2014 1:22:32 PM

Yes it is possible. call the company (evga) and see what they can do for you in terms of replacement
Share