Running 3 monitors on a 650 Ti Boost

Nathan Fiscaletti

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to run three monitors on a 650 TI Boost, which should work just fine. The card has one VGA port, one DVI port and one HDMI port.

I'm running a straight VGA cable in the VGA port, a VGA to DVI adapter in the DVI port, and DVI to HDMI adapter in the HDMI port. For some reason, the screen running in the VGA to DVI adapter isn't displaying. It comes up under all my settings as "being there". I can see it in my resolution settings, my NVIDEA Control Panel, and everywhere else. But, It just shows black on the screen, and the light stays orange as if it's not getting any signal.. Could somebody maybe help me out?..

NOTE:
I'm not wanting to run games across all three monitors, I'm quite content with running games on one monitor. I do software development, and want to be able to make use of the extra monitor space.

bignastyid

Titan
The only 650 To boosts I have sen that have a VGA port the dvi port is DVI-D and a simple dvi to vga adapter will not work on a DVI-D port as DVI-D doesn't carry an analog signal like DVI-I. You would need either use a monitor with dvi or HDMI or get a dvi to vga converter (http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40724).

Nathan Fiscaletti

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

That must be it then. Do you know if there's a DVI-D / DVI-I adapter?

bignastyid

Titan

No and it wouldn't work anyways. where the DVI-D port doesntt have an analog(vga) signal it requires a converter to convert the digital signal to analog. A DVI-I port carries analog and digital and all a DVI-I to vga adapter does is changes the pins so you can connect a vga cable.