CPU Temperature too low?

theh0tt0pic

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I'm running core temps, and I've checked my bios as well, and my cpu at boot or when its not doing much reports between 9 and 19 degrees, when it's working it gets above 20, something is wrong right? not overclocked or anything, its a AMD FX-4150, I read standard a CPU should run at room, I know a fairly good amount about computers, however my education is 10 years old and we never talked about cpu temps, whats going on?

So I checked Easy Tune and Easy tune shows it running in the 40s, i don't get it.

Chapi Chapz

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Well, 20° C while inside windows is VERY low, do you have any water cooling or anything? Did you underclock your cpu or anything?
Try running a CPU demanding game and see what happens, if it runs slowed than it should, try using a benchmark software like passmark, compare your results to the average results on your CPU model. After that, go to start and search for power options and open it, then make sure you're using the plan called high performance, after that go into advanced plan options and make sure that CPU power is set to 100%

theh0tt0pic

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

After some digging, my BIOS is coming in in the 30 range, and Easy Tune as well so it seems its Core Temp is there a way to calibrate core temp? I rather like me Rainmeter skin.

and i set it to performance doesn't change core temps.