Microsoft Surface Pro with Ivy Bridge a Great Deal at $400 Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

universal remonster

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Great price for a very solid, if not perfect, product. Try getting a new ultrabook with equivalent hardware for $400...
Actually, it's a $400 discount from the original $999 making it now $599. I own one and love it. It is also very rare (if ever) that I find the battery life 'abysmal' given the hardware and programs that run on it. It's very simple to change the power profile to suit your current tasks.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
They dropped the price because they don't sell, heck they have been very poor performing on the sales side on all their models.
Yay a negative post. Ok, you see, there's this thing called Surface Pro 2... People are buying it. As MS has surplus stock of the Pro they've dropped the price to shift the boxes sitting there.OMG was that far too positive for you?

InvalidError

Titan

Maybe they didn't get a press sample / demo. Can't review a product without having one on-hands to actually review.

valarmorghulis0

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Great price for a very solid, if not perfect, product. Try getting a new ultrabook with equivalent hardware for $400...
Actually, it's a $400 discount from the original $999 making it now $599.
Actually, if you had clicked the link you would have noticed it's $499 @ Best Buy. It's a $400 discount from the previous $100 discounted price.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Maybe they didn't get a press sample / demo. Can't review a product without having one on-hands to actually review.
Press? I wouldn't call Tom's press! Maybe they could actually order one, review it, then send back. Imagine that

dffeitlstp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I ordered one through this offer for $499. Best Buy said there was inventory at a couple of stores in the area, so I ordered one for in-store pickup. I received an email from BB telling me that they were preparing my order for pickup, and an hour later I was sent an email that they did not have inventory and to call the 800 Customer Service. The service rep told me that they did not even have inventory in the warehouse. Given that Microsoft has replaced the Surface Pro with the Surface Pro 2, I think it is unlikely that I will ever see the Surface Pro that I ordered. I asked the service rep if BB is going to honor the offer and I was told that they would. I have this sick feeling that either BB made the offer without having the appropriate inventory or employees are hording the product. Either way I am not excited about their behavior or doing business with them again. I don't even have a timeline for how they are going to fill the order.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
A decent price, if only the original Surface Pro didn't have such abysmal battery life.
Do you own one? Lol I own the exact model they are selling and can assure you that the battery life is just fine. I get over 4 hours of use out of it even when coding/developing.Anyone that expects 10 hours of battery life out of the Surface Pro does not know enough about what they are buying. The Surface Pro is not a stupid iPad or ARM tablet.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
@themadfapper what are you talking about? I bought a brand new model Saturday.
Click the link and see for yourself. Unless the offer was a mistake or only last a few hours, this is for preowned only. The new unit is still $679.

I'm sorry I guess the truth hurts, lol, did you want me to sprinkle a little sugar on it for you, lol.

I know 5 people that have gotten tablets recently and 2 got iPads, 2 got Samsung Tablets and 1 got a Nexes 7, and NONE got a MS Surface, Surface pro or surface pro2. And that's the truth.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Five people, huh? That's impressive.

There are a lot of reasons to think these tablets aren't dong as well as MS would like them to. "MY FIVE FRIENDS GOT OTHER TABLETS!" isn't one of them.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

Like stevejnb said, that's not a good reason. The reason your five friends didn't get Surface tablets is because it isn't advertised well enough. The reason they got iPads, Samsung, and Kindle is because they've only seen those tablets advertised.

Personally?

I sold my laptop, Toshiba Thrive tablet, and an older Samsung phone to save up some cash and get one of these tablets. The Surface is one of the best products out there. Its a FULL tablet computer, not some watered down mobile OS like Android or iOS (even though I love Android). Its more affordable than most tablet computers that run around $1,200-1,300. Overall, you just don't like it. Cool story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS