First Time Posting, GPU Question (660 Ti Upgrade)

Arnheim

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Right, this is my first time posting here; I've been through a few threads, so please pardon me if I'm repeating something that's been discussed before.

I'm considering upgrading my rig for my fiancee (she's in the military and will be deploying for a year shortly after our wedding; she's also a huge Thief fan, so I pre-ordered the new Thief title for her).

I'm currently running the following specs:

i5-3570k @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB DDR 5 RAM
EVGA GTX 660 Ti 2GB

I generally game at 1080 p, but I'm concerned because the recommended specs for the newest Thief game call for an i7 and a GTX 660 or better card; I'd very much like for my fiancee to enjoy her game at near-full-blast before she leaves for a year.

To that end, I'm considering updating to either a GTX 770 or GTX 780. I know the 780's better (I can't justify the $200 jump to the Ti model), and my current case doesn't have the space to run two 660 Ti's in SLI.

I'd appreciate any input on the differences between the 770 and 780 (I imagine they are substantial, but I'm also very new to building gaming PCs). I'll benefit from the card upgrade at some point, but I want to do this for my fiancee before she leaves.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Arnheim

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Ah, I apologize! I didn't know that was important (as I said, I'm new at this).

I'm currently running a Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750 W PSU.

SemNomezinho

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
It's really simple..
If you can spend money -> 780
If not -> 770
The 780, on average, gets +10 FPS during the games.
It will depend as well of card prices where you will buy.
What I think: We love computers, of course, but if it will affect YOUR INCOME, It becomes folly.
With the 770 you will run ALL games very fine.
What the people do not think is that playing the game with 8x msaa or 4x msaa YOU WON'T NOTE THE DIFFERENCE.
It's the biggest true.
But, if you wanna have more quality on the FUTURE games (if you don't sell the card until this time), and money isn't issue, get the 780.

See too benchmarks of this cards...
Depending of the game, the difference is really small. If ur favorite games are that, It will affect ur choose.

Luck.