Can two SLI run 3 monitors?

legendare

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I'm looking to eventually get three monitors when I get the money and I was wondering how well the dual sli works. I saw they have triple too, but that seems extremely overkill. Would this help at all for video editing and recording games? Could I pull it off with a single card?

Solution
Would agree I have all three of my rigs in Eyefinity/Surround setups. While it does cost quite abit to get it up and running I could not go back to a single monitor after having my Eyfinity setup for over two years now.

Personally I think a Crossfire/SLI setup is a must for gaming there is just a lot of pixels to push to a 3x monitor setup even with three 1080p monitors you are talking about a resolution of 5760x1080. Get two of the best GPU's your budget can manage and you should be OK as long as those two cards of good quality and your PSU can handle the Crossfire/SLI setup that is.
Two cards in SLI can handle 3 monitors.

Of course, if you are thinking about three monitors running at 2560x1440 each and you want to play demanding games, you will need something like two GTX 780 cards and a 1000W PSU.

Video editing will not benefit from SLI, only games do. You need a strong CPU for it.

You could pull it off with a single card too, but again it better be a very good card and even then the fps will be low if the resolution is high and the game is demanding.

Would agree I have all three of my rigs in Eyefinity/Surround setups. While it does cost quite abit to get it up and running I could not go back to a single monitor after having my Eyfinity setup for over two years now.

Personally I think a Crossfire/SLI setup is a must for gaming there is just a lot of pixels to push to a 3x monitor setup even with three 1080p monitors you are talking about a resolution of 5760x1080. Get two of the best GPU's your budget can manage and you should be OK as long as those two cards of good quality and your PSU can handle the Crossfire/SLI setup that is.

Solution