AMD Next Gen/Release GPU?

Shocking777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
Hey, People have been making rumours of Nvidia Maxwell/800 Series which i am waiting for due to the 780 Ti almost catching up on dual GPU and i bet the 880 will overlap the 690 and 7990. But all of the rumours have been Nvidia but whats with AMD? Does AMD have unveiled any plans for Next Gen GPU? A HD 8xxx series or Radeon R11? (The name came from the R7 to R9 have a number between them) Anyone have any clue of what AMD will bring?

usually when it comes to new process node AMD will come out first before nvidia. we will always know what nvidia will come up for 2 generations ahead from nvidia roadamp. there are speculation of course but in the end AMD might just outright deny it. remember last year? they made a press con talking about they will not going to release new gpu and 7970 Ghz Ed will remain their top flagship through the year but then they come out with the R series. also since Rory become CEO it seems he intends to slow down Radeon release. there are talks about the reason why AMD did not release new radeon at the end of 2012 (as AMD refresh their series once a year) is because he did not satisfied with the revenue generated by 7k series and delay the next series so they can sell more 7k series and make more profit from it. other than that i also heard stories about amd will not jump in to new process outright like they always do in the past. TSMC's 20nm process that usually used for GPU are expected to be ready by second half of this year so most expect nvidia/amd will release their 20nm gpu by late Q3 or sometime in Q4. but if the rumor i mention is true then AMD can drag the launch of their next series into next year

Bro Gold

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
Asian factory's have started up production of 22nm gpu cores both for amd and nvida. So Q4 2014 alt Q1 2015 is release of the new gen. However waiting until Q2/Q3 have always seemed to be the best for a consumer looking to upgrade. That's when the full launch comes, amd 290x / nvidia 780ti

Since people want to buy "better" not worse of the same product, Nvidia sell out the bad stock first. All the gpu's that can't handle all cores unlocked are 780's, then a couple of months later they start selling the good chips 780ti's.

Asian factory's have started up production of 22nm gpu cores both for amd and nvida.

any links to this? latest rumor that nvidia 880 will lauch in october/november time frame but still using the same 28nm node. for AMD part right now they are gearing up for new Hawaii parts (some called it as 290XTX) that was supposed to beat nvidia 780Ti. that also still based on 28nm node.